The Roman House, or Casa Romana as most refer to it, is located in Kos Town, a short distance from the Roman Odeon and is on of the most popular and significant sights on the island.
The excavations which took place after the devastating earthquake that hit the entire island, were undertaken by Italian archaeologist Laurenzi, while total restoration was completed in 1940 by the Italian government.
The Casa Romana is a Roman Pompeii style mansion, built on the ruins of the Hellenistic house. It has 36 rooms and 3 outdoor areas and its construction dates back to the late 2nd and early 3rd century AD.
Its features and elements are its meticulously technical and aesthetic mosaics that adorn the premises.