Did You Know That...
- Paros along with Antiparos and Despotiko island is the third largest island of the Cyclades after Naxos and Andros?
- Findings show that the habitation of the island took place during the 5th millennium BC?
- Parian marble played an important role to Paros’ economy during archaic times?
- The most important ancient quarry was discovered in Marathi, where today you can see the galleries and corridors as well as the inscriptions of ancient artists?
- In classical times it was one of the richest islands of the Cyclades, which also participated in the First Athenian Alliance providing significant sums of money in talents?
- The design of the imposing church of Panagia Ekatontapyliani is almost identical to that of Agia Sophia in Constantinople?
- The Castle in Parikia was built on ruins of ancient temples?
- The byzantine path of 7 km that starts from Lefkes leads to the settlement of Prodromos?
- Every Easter the Re-enactment of the Passion of Christ takes place in Marpissa in a highly devout atmosphere?