Agioi Anargyroi Church in Portaria was built during the period 1791-1891, while the pictures decorating the temple date back to 1835-1845.
One of the most notable parts of the church is the temple (above the south gate, on the sanctuary side) on which a wooden box has been placed that was used for storing guns. The particular box dates back to the period before 1881, the time when Volos and the surrounding areas became part of the rest of Greece, after they were freed from the Ottomans.
The central chandelier from Rostov, Russia is also impressive and dates back to the middle of the 19th century. On the north and south side of the church there are two chapels those of Agios Antonios and Agios Athanasios.
There are six more chapels in the Agioi Anargyroi parish, on the south-western part of the village.