The holy monastery of Agios Spyridonas in Promyri village in South Pelion is built according to the typical architecture of Pelion. There is a catholicon in the middle, while the buildings around it have a quadrilateral shape.
The date of construction is not know. What it is known is that in 1834 a renovation took place following the damages caused during the Turkish Occupation, for the help provided to fighters of the revolution, like chieftain Georgios Zorbas. Unfortunately, after the ransacking, religious relics, icons, manuscripts as well as books were lost.
During the 1880-1890 period, priest Giannis Oikonomou gathered the little boys of the village and the surrounding areas and taught them the Greek language, something that contributed quite a lot to the development of the area and had many things in common with the function of the Secret School.