The New Market is a landmark in Mandraki. The polygonal white building, opposite the yachts and sail boats in the marina, is the work of Fausto. Its construction began in 1925 and was completed a year later. The architecture has elements of eclecticism with eastern references.
The main entrance with its oblong pillars, Gothic arch and dome, impresses passersby, who are lured inside. There are liquor stalls, grocery stores, souvenir stores, as well a taverns and cafes inside.