During the pre-revolutionary period, Agios Nikolaos Monastery was the dependency of the diocese of Spetses, the Assumption of Kasteli. The bell tower of Agios Nikolaos is especially impressive and has been described as an art masterpiece. Built by craftsmen from Tinos in 1805, it reaches a height of 10 meters while the base stretches to 16 meters.
Equally remarkable is the beautiful pebbled courtyard in front of the monastery. There is a memorial sculpted by V. Kesses flanked by two canons from the time of the 1821 Revolution.