Moni Lazariston (Lazarists Monastery) was built in 1886 by the monks of the Order of St. Vincent de Paul (Lazarists) in Stavroupoli and is among the most important monuments in the city.
The main purpose of the Lazarists was to help the poor and educate the clerics in order to spread Catholicism. Over the years the monastery changed uses and roles and left its mark in history.
The monastery was deemed uninhabitable in 1978 due to destruction caused by earthquakes and was abandoned. In 1997, when Thessaloniki was Cultural Capital of Europe, it was renovated, restored and was attributed to the society of Stavroupoli as a facet of its history.