The Church of Agios Nikolaos Molos in Zakynthos town is the only building in Venetian style that survived the disastrous earthquake and the fire in 1953.
The building was raised in 1561 by the Sailors Guild on an island that was connected to the town via a bridge. It later became an integral part of the town, as the small island was connected to it through various embankments in order for expansion to be achieved.
It was built in the 17th century and it is considered the oldest building on Dionisios Solomos Square. It is of Renaissance style, apart from the bell that looks like those of byzantine style.
The single-naved basilica has stone on the outside and has been listed as a historical monument. Inside, the vestments of Agios Dionisios are kept, honouring the relationship the Saint had with the particular church.