- Tour Information
- Small Groups: Up to 12
- Price: €45 adult €23 child
- Special Discount for families & friends For 3 persons or more we offer 20% discount
- Meeting Point: Acropolis Metro Station view on map
- Departure: 09:00
- Duration: 4 hours
- Languages: English
- Days of Operation: Daily
- BOOK NOW
- or ask for
- PRIVATE TOUR
Begin your day walking on the most beautiful pedestrian street in Athens and visit the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum
This tour is a journey back to the time Athens became the most powerful city in Greece and the ideals of the western civilization started taking shape. The Sacred Rock of Acropolis is the long-lasting monument of its supremacy with the Parthenon temple being its centerpiece. Nowadays, most of its treasures are housed in the famous Acropolis Museum, directly across the commanding hill.
- The tour was fantastic and Nancy really good. It's always great to be surprised and I have to say the tour was a super experience.
- Nancy was well informed, very interesting, and sensitive to her client. The tour was well thought out in every respect. It could not have been better. Wonderful conclusion to my Greek holiday.
- Just to let you know that we both appreciated very much the tour and we both found Nancy an amazing guide! We will definitely recommend the tour to our friends.
- My wife and I have been lucky enough to live in 3 countries and visit many many more. And we agree that your kindness and professional approach are so genuine and special, we have not experienced so genuine people in a very long time. We can't express how much we appreciate it. Our heartfelt gratitude to you.
The Route in a Nutshell
- Stroll along Dionysiou Areopagitou, the most picturesque walkway of the city, surrounded by beautiful edifices
- Guided visit to the Acropolis archaeological site and enjoy panoramic vistas of the city
- Admire the amazing marble buildings of the Sacred Rock; the majestic Parthenon, the imposing Propylaea, the restored Temple of Athena Nike, the remarkable Erechtheion
Guided visit to the Acropolis Museum with its magnificent exhibits from the Sacred Rock
You will begin this tour from the Acropolis Metro Station, which serves as your meeting point. From there you will head to the most beautiful pedestrian walkway in Athens, Dionysiou Areopagitou street. During this stroll you will engage in a conversation with your tour guide concerning anything you want to know about the ancient or even the modern Greek history.
On your right hand, under the shadow of the Acropolis, you will see the Odeon of Herod the Atticus, which every summer serves as the main venue of the Greek Festival, hosting top Greek and international artists giving unique performances. As you climb uphill, you will get a clearer glimpse of the religious center of ancient Athens. You will enter the most famous Greek site via the commanding Propylaea building. To the right of the entrance, at the south west corner of the hill, you will spot the restored Temple of Athena Nike.
Definitely the main attraction of the Acropolis is the Parthenon. This architectural marvel was dedicated to the patron of the city, the Goddess Athena, and encompasses all the traits of the ancient Greeks ingenuity and craftsmanship. During the tour your guide will emphasize on the importance of the Parthenon from a historical, a cultural and a social point of view, unravel its multiple symbolisms and explain why it is considered by UNESCO as a World Heritage Monument.
Next, you will make a stop in front of the Erechtheion, which took its name from the legendary king Erechtheus. On its south side stands out the famous porch of the Caryatids, six draped female figures that function as supporting columns. The 5 enchanting statues you will see are exact replicas of the originals, which are on display at the Acropolis Museum. Climbing down the Sacred Rock you will pass by the ruins of the Theater of Dionysus, the oldest of its kind in ancient Greece, and the Asklepieion, a healing center dedicated to Asklepios.
Directly across stands the astounding Acropolis Museum, one of the most popular and established in the world. As you wander through its halls you will have the opportunity to see up close truly marvelous exhibits, such as the original Caryatids and the Parthenon frieze marbles. The museum’s collection of treasures will offer you a broad perspective of the ancient Greeks everyday life, as well as showcase the importance of the Acropolis as a world heritage site.
After completing your tour around the museum, your guide will take you to a nearby traditional Greek restaurant to enjoy lunch.
- Licensed guide
- All taxes
- Entrance fees to the Acropolis (+10€) and the Acropolis Museum (+5€)
- Lunch (+14€)
Watch this video to get a first glimpse of the tour
Our head guide navigates you through the tour’s itinerary. Let her guide you around the impressive ruins and the marvelous temples of the Sacred Hill, as well as around the halls of the magnificent Acropolis Museum.
Snapshots from the tour’s highlights
Photos of the most significant sights and landmarks you will have the opportunity to admire up close and capture with your camera during this tour.