- Tour Information
- Small Groups: Up to 12
- Price: €35 adult €18 child
- Special Discount for families & friends For 3 persons or more we offer 20% discount
- Meeting Point: Acropolis Metro Station view on map
- Departure: 14:00
- Duration: 4 hours
- Languages: English
- Days of Operation: Daily
- BOOK NOW
- or ask for
- PRIVATE TOUR
Get in touch with the multicultural side of Athens enjoying an afternoon walk around Plaka and the city’s historical center
An afternoon stroll through the ancient Greek, Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman sites of Athens historical center will make you feel the “vibe” and the diversity of this contemporary metropolis. As you walk from Plaka’s rustic alleys to the Temple of Olympian Zeus, you will learn everything there is to know about Athens modern history.
- This tour did not disappoint and I think it was largely due to our great guide, Averkios. He made the Acropolis come to life and transported us back to the ancient times of Greece. He was patient and thorough really opening our eyes to such a rich history that set the foundation for our trip.
- My guide Alice was overflowing with enthusiasm and knowledge of all things Athens. For people not well read in the Greek classical period all the way through to recent times this tours is excellent.
- Great way to do the Acropolis and Museum! our guide Nancy was really knowledgeable on all aspects area and gave some excellent recommendations on other sites to visit.
- Nancy, our tour guide, was an expert at all things about the Acropolis and the Acropolis Museum. She was so friendly and knowledgable. We were ecstatic to have such an experienced tour guide. We highly recommend Nancy and the walking tour of the Acropolis and Museum.
The Route in a Nutshell
- A 4-hour tour combining the vintage and the modern part of Athens
- A stroll around the picturesque Plaka and the quaint Anafiotika neighborhoods
- Attending the changing of the Presidential Guard in Syntagma Square
- Pass by magnificent landmarks and monuments, such as the Roman Forum, Hadrian’s Library and Lysicrates’ monument
- Crossing the lush National Gardens, a green oasis in the heart of Athens
- Standing in front of the exquisite columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch
Your tour will start in front of Acropolis Metro Station. From there you will head to Plaka, the oldest neighborhood of Athens. Built over the ruins of the ancient city, it is clustered around the slopes of the Acropolis. Its beauty is due to the fact that it incorporates labyrinthine streets and neoclassical buildings. It is certain you will be enchanted by the panoramic view of Athens from the Anafiotika neighborhood, a portion of a Greek island tucked away at the foot of the Acropolis Sacred Rock. From there you will have the opportunity to capture Athens urban landscape with your camera. As you continue your walk in the so-called “neighborhood of the Gods” you will discover significant landmarks of antiquity, such as the Roman Forum, Hadrian’s Library and Lysicrates’ monument. At this point you will make a short break at a traditional Greek cafe to enjoy a cup of coffee and a shot of ouzo or mastiha liquer.
Next you will head towards Syntagma Square via the pedestrian Ermou street, Athens commercial center. The square is dominated by the former Royal Palace, which is housing the Greek Parliament since 1934. Here you will feel the heart of Athens beating from both a historical and social point of view, as this is the epicenter of all of Greece’s political activity. The absolute highlight here is the ceremonial changing of the Presidential Guard, the famous Evzonoi or Tsoliades, in front of the Unknown Soldier’s Monument.
From there, you will take a cool walk through the lush National Gardens and talk with your guide about Greece’s recent history as you approach the Zappeion conference center. Your itinerary rounds up in front of the majestic Temple of Olympian Zeus, the father of ancient Greek Gods, and the impressive Hadrian’s Arch.
- Licensed guide
- All taxes
- Lunch (+14€)
Watch this video to get a first glimpse of the tour
Our head guide navigates you through the tour’s itinerary. Take a virtual walk around Plaka, the neighborhood of the Gods, discover hidden corners of the historical center and feel the vibrating heart of the Greek metropolis.
Snapshots from the tour’s highlights
Photos of the most significant sights and landmarks you will have the opportunity to admire up close and capture with your camera during this tour.