- Tour Information
- Price: €69 adult €35 child
- Meeting Point: Acropolis Metro Station view on map
- Departure: 16:30
- Duration: 4.5 hours
- Languages: English
- Days of Operation: Friday
- BOOK NOW
- or ask for
- PRIVATE TOUR
Treat yourself to a private folk dance lesson and a Greek feast
The classic 1964 film “Zorba the Greek” works as an inspiration for anyone who wants to dive into the depths of the Greek soul. Learn to dance like its star, Anthony Quinn, by spending an evening to the lively sounds of Greek folk music.
The Route in a Nutshell
- A 1.5 hour private lesson to introduce you to the origins, the history and the moves of the most popular Greek dances
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant in the heart of the historical center with live Greek music
- Two participants in each group will wear authentic, traditional Greek folk dancing costumes and take some photos
The tour starts the moment you meet your guide at the Acropolis Metro Station. Together you will walk for about 10 minutes in probably the most picturesque part of the city, the cobbled Dionysiou Areopagitou Street. A versatile and energetic professional instructor will be waiting for you in a private place to teach you the steps of the most popular Greek dances; “kalamatianos”, “syrtos” and of course “syrtaki”. He will also introduce you to the cultural impact of the traditional dances and point out the differences between their various kinds, which are in perfect sync with the land and the mentality of the locals.
All this dancing requires a lot of energy and for sure you will feel your stomach empty after such an intense learning experience. What better way to round up this experiential tour than head to a nearby restaurant and be treated to a sumptuous Greek meal? Apart from a traditional feast you will get the chance to show the moves you have learned, dancing to the sounds of live music.