- Tour Information
- Price: €212 adult €106 child
- Meeting Point: Pick up from your hotel
- Departure: 08:30
- Duration: 2 days
- Languages: English
- Entrance Fees: Included
- Days of Operation: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday
- BOOK NOW
- or ask for
- PRIVATE TOUR
From the Oracle of Apollo in Delphi to the impressive monasteries of Meteora
If you want to know the evolution of religions in Greece and visit the most significant worshiping centers of the ancient Greeks and the modern orthodox flock in just two days, this tour is certainly addressed you.
The Route in a Nutshell
- Guided visit to the Delphi archaeological site and the Temple of Apollo
- Passing by Lamia and Trikala
- Overnight stay at Kalambaka
- Guided visit to two monasteries at Meteora
- A stop at the monument of the Spartan King Leonidas in Thermopylae
The first day you will get on board a luxury bus that will take you to the navel of the ancient world, Delphi. You will arrive there at noon and your expert guide will show you around the magnificent archaeological site and the local museum with the truly splendid exhibits. This is the place where the God of light and foresight, Apollo, built his oracle, which became a cornerstone of ancient Greek culture. After lunch you will get back up on the bus and depart for Kalambaka, passing by Lamia and Trikala, where you will stay overnight.
Next morning you will be taken to the nearby astounding rocks of Meteora. During the Byzantine and the early Ottoman rule era, a number of monasteries were built on top of those volcanic rocks, which today are included in UNESCO’s World Heritage Monument list. You will be visiting two of those monasteries and enjoy the panoramic vistas, as well as find out more about how they came to be.
On your way back to Athens, you will stop at Thermopylae, the spot of the renowned battle between the 300 brave Spartan warriors of king Leonidas and the invading Persian army of king Xerxes.
- Licensed guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Pick up service
- Hotel accommodation (Single supplement €30)
- Breakfast and dinner
- All taxes
- Entrance fees to Delphi Museum (+12€)
Snapshots from the tour’s highlights
Photos of the most significant sights and landmarks you will have the opportunity to admire up close and capture with your camera during this tour.