- Tour Information
- Price: €69 adult €35 child
- Meeting Point: Monastiraki Square view on map
- Departure: 10:30
- Duration: 5 hours
- Languages: English
- Days of Operation: Thursday
- BOOK NOW
- or ask for
- PRIVATE TOUR
Discover the secrets of Greek gastronomy and learn to cook like a Greek
Greece’s gastronomical tradition dates back to the age of the Gods, who feasted solely on ambrosia. Anyone interested in cooking should follow this tour to discover exactly what makes the Greek cuisine one of the best in the world.
The Route in a Nutshell
- A stroll through Athens’ Central Food Market, accompanied by an expert food guide, who will introduce you to the various fresh products of the Greek land
- A 5-hour cooking lesson on Greek cuisine in a private venue
- A professional chef who will help you prepare a traditional Greek meal
An experienced food guide will meet you at Monastiraki square and take you on a journey filled with enchanting scents and mouthwatering flavors as you stroll through Athens’ Central Food Market. There you will have the chance to observe closely the main ingredients of all Greek recipes and buy anything that catches your eye.
The next step includes your own personal involvement in the cooking process. A professional chef will welcome you with a glass of raki and introduce you to the secrets of Greek gastronomy. With his help you will prepare a complete meal, containing traditional appetizers like tzatziki and cheese pie, the famous Greek salad and a main course using the products you bought from the market.
This amazing culinary experience is completed when all the dishes are served on a table and you are called to taste the fruits of your effort, accompanied by domestic wine. After the conclusion of the feast you will be given a souvenir scroll with the recipes you have prepared.