- Tour Information
- Price: €375 (group of 4)
- Meeting Point: Your choice
- Departure: 10:00 or 17:00
- Duration: 3 hours
- Languages: English
- Days of Operation: Upon request
- BOOK YOUR PRIVATE TOUR
An awakening of the senses by sampling the nectar of the Greek vineyard
Since antiquity wine has been an integral part of Greek everyday life and culture. Its importance is made obvious by the fact that the ancient Greeks used it for sacrifices and other special occasions. Furthermore, they held Dionysos, the God of wine, in high esteem because they felt him closer to simple mortals than any other divine creature.
The Route in a Nutshell
- A 3-hour private Greek wine tasting and introduction to the most prominent wine-making regions and the process of wine-making
- Visit 3 different wine bars in the center of Athens
Over the years, the local production has been constantly evolving and refining and today Greek wines are considered to be among the finest in the world. If you like to sample some of the best extracts from Greece’s vineyards, this private tour is tailor made for you.
Accompanied by an expert sommelier guide you will accumulate important information about the roots and the development of the wine-making process. This experience will help you tell apart the different blends of the Greek wines as well as discover the wine’s cultural impact. During this educative and fun tour you will be stopping at 3 cozy wine bars in the heart of the city, where you will be sampling from 6 different grape varieties, as well as savor an assortment of local delicacies.
- An expert sommelier guide
- All tastings
- Assortment of carefully selected savory delicacies
- All taxes