- Tour Information
- Small Groups: Up to 12
- Price: €70 adult €35 child
- Special Discount for families & friends For 3 persons or more we offer 20% discount
- Meeting Point: Acropolis Metro Station view on map
- Departure: 09:00
- Duration: 8 hours
- Languages: English
- Days of Operation: Daily
- BOOK NOW
- or ask for
- PRIVATE TOUR
A full-day tour that takes you from the Acropolis through the preserved medieval paths up to the modern part of the city
Every single visitor of Athens should be given the chance to discover its rich history, visit the most important sites and learn first hand what it means to be an Athenian citizen. If you have just one day to do all these, you should take this tour. Your expert guide will take you from the Sacred Rock of the Acropolis to the Acropolis Museum, navigate you through the labyrinthine streets of Plaka, show you the ceremonial changing of the Presidential Guard in front of the Unknown Soldier’s Monument and explain the significance of famous landmarks, such as the Roman Forum and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- The tour was fantastic and Nancy really good. It's always great to be surprised and I have to say the tour was a super experience.
- Nancy was well informed, very interesting, and sensitive to her client. The tour was well thought out in every respect. It could not have been better. Wonderful conclusion to my Greek holiday.
- Just to let you know that we both appreciated very much the tour and we both found Nancy an amazing guide! We will definitely recommend the tour to our friends.
- My wife and I have been lucky enough to live in 3 countries and visit many many more. And we agree that your kindness and professional approach are so genuine and special, we have not experienced so genuine people in a very long time. We can't express how much we appreciate it. Our heartfelt gratitude to you.
The Route in a Nutshell
- An 8-hour comprehensive tour of Athens’ rich historical background and its urban modern side
- Walk along the cobblestone Dionysiou Areopagitou street and pass by the Odeon of Herod the Atticus
- Guided visit to the Acropolis archaeological site to see the Parthenon and enjoy a panoramic view of the city
- Guided visit to the Acropolis Museum with its splendid exhibits from the Sacred Rock
- A stroll around the picturesque Plaka and the quaint Anafiotika neighborhoods
- Pass by magnificent landmarks and monuments, such as the Roman Forum, Hadrian’s Library and Lysicrates’ monument
- Attending the unique changing of the Presidential Guard in Syntagma Square
- Crossing the lush National Gardens, a green oasis in the heart of the city
- Standing in front of the exquisite columns of the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch
From your designated meeting point in front of the Acropolis Metro Station, you will walk along the most beautiful pedestrian walkway in Athens, Dionysiou Areopagitou street. During this stroll you will engage in a conversation with your guide concerning anything you want to know about the ancient or even the modern Greek history.
Under the shadow of the Acropolis you will spot the impressive Roman Odeon of Herod the Atticus, which every summer hosts plays, acts and performances by top Greek and international artists taking part at the renowned Greek Festival. Next you will visit the Acropolis, the religious center of ancient Athens and a magnificent landmark of both the Greek and the world civilization. Once on top of the hill you will have the opportunity to admire the majestic Parthenon, an architectural miracle dedicated to the patron of the city, the Goddess Athena. Αt the entrance of the Acropolis you will be amazed by the stunning building of Propylaea and the restored Temple of Athena Nike, while next to the Parthenon stands out the legendary Erechtheion with the fascinating Caryatid statues.
Later on, you will climb down the Acropolis Sacred Rock and pass by the ruins of the Theater of Dionysus, the oldest of its kind in the world, and the adjacent Asklepieion, a healing center dedicated to Asklepios. Directly across stands the emblematic Acropolis Museum which has recently been featured among the best in the world by Tripadvisor. The Acropolis Museum permanent exhibitions occupy 3 floors and are divided into 4 levels. More than 4,000 objects from the Acropolis hill and the surrounding area will give you an idea of the ancient Greeks every day life, as well as showcase the importance of the Acropolis as a world heritage site.
Your tour will continue with a walk along the picturesque alleys of Athens’ oldest neighborhood, Plaka. For sure you will be enchanted by the Anafiotika neighborhood, a portion of a Greek island tucked away at the foot of the Acropolis. After capturing the breathtaking landscape with your camera, you will make a short break at a traditional Greek cafe in Monastiraki to enjoy a cup of coffee and a shot of ouzo or mastiha liquer. As you will enter the historical center of Athens urban labyrinth, you will discover fabulous landmarks of antiquity, such as the Roman Forum, Hadrian’s Library and Lysicrates’ monument.
As you will cross Ermou Street, the most commercial pedestrian street in Athens, you will be able to feel the vibe of Greek metropolis. The route will take you past the vibrant modern part of the city to the central Syntagma square, just below the Greek Parliament building. Here you will attend the impressive ceremonial changing of the Presidential Guard, the world famous Evzonoi or Tsoliades, in front of the Unknown Soldier’s Monument.
Your itinerary will take you inside the lush National Gardens for a hike among the rich Mediterranean flora. After a stop at the Zappeion conference center, you will find yourself in front of the splendid Temple of Olympian Zeus and the stunning Hadrian’s Arch as you round up a memorable day in Athens.
- Licensed guide
- All taxes
- Entrance fees to the Acropolis (20€) and the Acropolis Museum (5€)
- Lunch (+14€)
Watch this video to get a first glimpse of the tour
Our head guide navigates you through the tour’s itinerary. Follow her as she takes you from the awestriking Parthenon to the whitewashed Anafiotika and from the quaint alleys of Plaka to the lush National Gardens.
Snapshots from the tour’s highlights
Photos of the most significant sights and landmarks you will have the opportunity to admire up close and capture with your camera during this tour.